Intended for construction operatives who locate underground apparatus, set up roadwork's for works within the highway, carry out excavation, back-fill and reinstatement using cold-lay bituminous materials.
The course provides the skills and knowledge to carry out work to the standards required by the New Roads and Streets Act 1991, complying with the CDM regulations in order to safeguard themselves and others.
The course content includes but is not limited to:
- Interpretation of plans
- Identification of underground apparatus
- Implications of damage to apparatus
- USe if pipe and cable location equipment
- Erection of temporary traffic signals
- Setting out signs, cones, lamos and barriers in accordance with the Department For Transport requirements
- Safe working practices
- Laying and compaction of back-fill and sub-base materials
- Laying and compaction of cold-lay and hot-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs, modular surfaces and footways.
Upon completion of this 5 day course, following an oral test and continuous assessments throughout the course, you will gain entry to the Street Works Qualification Register, City and Guilds 6156.