Equality and Diversity for Managers
It is important that all managers and employees have an understanding of Equality and Diversity, appreciating company, management and individual responsibilities and enhancing the implemented values and behaviours by ensuring a respectful environment free of bullying, harassment and discrimination.
This course addresses the 'nit and grit' of what acceptable 'banter' is, the legal requirements, how to challenge behaviour in line with expectation and escalation routes. By utilising real life examples, we will create a safe environment for employees to question and challenge their and their peer's beliefs and help them to understand where the boundaries should be.
The trainer will provide a stimulating and challenging environment that will encourage individuals to take responsibility for their learning and actions as well as equip each participant with a good understanding of their responsibilities and a 'tool box' of skills, knowledge and techniques that will assist them in raising concerns and escalating as appropriate.
This course will offer Managers the confidence in dealing with poor behaviours where informal approaches have not achieved improvement, as well as helping to re-enforce their part as role models
- Business context – core values & behaviours
- Definitions – Harassment, Bullying, Discrimination (indirect and direct) & Victimisation
- The Law
- Equal Opportunity Policy & application
- Banter – real life examples and discussion
- What respect means individually
- Iceberg Principle
- Effective methods to challenging peer behaviour
- Branding – how will we keep remembering this?
- Draw a line in the sand – moving forward
- Effective methods for challenging poor behaviours/crossing the line
- Accusations of bullying – how to manage informal and formal grievances, the personal impact and how to support the accuser and the person being accused
- Responsibilities of a role model