Managing Discipline and Grievance
This one day course sets out to look at how to identify where disciplinary procedures and rules help with employee relations and promote fairness and consistency in the treatment of individuals. They will provide clear guidance on the procedures that should be followed, whilst ensuring participants understand best practice and how to resolve issues early and effectively to minimise the impact poor discipline can have on a business.
Whereas Discipline seeks to deal with issues relating to employees conduct, Grievance is the mechanism whereby an employee complains abut the aspect of their work.
This course will identify the procedures and steps required to ensure each Grievance is dealt with fairly and consistently.
At this end of this Discipline in the Workplace training course your participants will be able to:
• Recognise the key principles of the ACAS Code of Practice for Discipline and for Grievance
• Distinguish the importance of setting and maintaining standards
• Explain when and why to use the informal and formal disciplinary processes
• Identify the significance of preparing for disciplinary interviews, along with guidelines for note taking during the interview
• Establish how to formulate your conclusion notes following the interview to ensure an equitable outcome
• Recognise the employees’ rights to appeal process
• Following Grievance procedures and preparing for the outcome.