To provide an understanding of the need for good hygiene, when working with potable water.
- To ensure that all individuals are aware of the ways in which potable water could be contaminated
- To ensure that individuals who work with potable water understand it is their responsibility not to allow the water to become polluted
- To ensure that individuals reach a nationally agreed level of training, testing and medical clearance. This being successfully answering at least 22 out of 25 questions in the National Water Hygiene test
- There are 3 elements to the training to obtain the card:
- Participation on the training course
- Completion of a Health Screening Questionnaire
- Successful completion of the National Water Hygiene test
Card is valid for 3 years. The individual is responsible for ensuring that their details are kept current with Energy & Utility Skills.